Bordi is on the north of Mumbai. It is at a distance of 17 km from the small town of Dahanu. It is an ideal seaside hamlet. The beach is calm and quiet, and very clean. The sand on the beach is in its original form – blackish in color and sticky. The simple beach with the back drop of chikoo trees gives the beach a serene look. Since the place comes under the purview of the Maharashtra Woods Preservation Department, its natural beauty is untouched. Casuarinas surrounding the beach make it an enchanting place for tourists and visitors. The beach is safe as the water does not rise above the waist level. Long ago Bordi was not known to anyone. But now due to its famous chikoo shake and white beaches the place has come to spotlight. The beach is the main attraction of tourists and the best time to visit is during the monsoons, as during the entire town turns lush green. The community of Bordi mainly comprises of the Parsis. One can enjoy the rich culture and cuisine of the Parsis. Accommodations in spacious Parsi bungalows are also available on the beach. Bordi is an ideal place to relax away, from the city life. Bordi is an appealing place and has easy accessibility. Best season to visit Bordi is from August to February, except October which is hot.
Category : Beaches
Time Zone: UTC + 5:30 Hours
STD Code: 2528
Info Website: www.maharashtratourism.gov.in
Best Time to Visit: October – March
Places to VisitAdd
How to ReachEdit
By Air : Chhatrapati Shivaji International airport, Mumbai is the air connection to Bordi. Mumbai is 145 km away from Bordi and Taxi costs around Rs 2000 from Mumbai to Bordi city. Mumbai is connected to all major cities in India and Abroad.
By Train : Nearest railhead is Dhanu Road, which is just 3 km away from Bordi town. Auto rickshaw is the cheap travel available, with a fare of less than Rs 20. Dhanu road is connected to Mumbai and other cities by rail.
By BUS : Many state owned bus services are available to Bordi from the near cities and also from Mumbai.
By Taxi : Bordi is well connected by a road network and national highways. The tourist can reach to Bordi by taxi. The normal Indian taxi charges of Rupees 8 to 20 will be charged for each km.
By Other : N.A.
Budget – Up to Rs. 800
- Hill Zill Hotel; Tambolpada, Bordi-Borigaon, Bordi 401701, India. ; Ph – 91-22-6150 6363 ; Facilities – Doctor on call,Travel Desk, 24-hour front desk, 24-hour room service,Air conditioning, Laundry, Parking.
Economy – Up to Rs. 801 to Rs. 1200
- Goolkush Resort ; Opp Parsi Fire Temple (Agiary), Bordi 401701, India. ; Ph – N.A. ; Facilities – Travel Desk, 24-hour front desk,24-hour room service,Air conditioning,Elevators, Laundry,Parking.
Deluxe – Up to Rs. 801 to Rs. 1200
- Orchard the Resort ; Bordi Road,Tal: Dahanu, Dist: Thane, Maharastra, INDIA. ; Ph – 09923443799, 09860313383 ; Facilities – Travel Desk, 24-hour front desk,24-hour room service,Air conditioning,Conference facilities,Elevators, Laundry,Parking.
- Crazy Crab Restaurant ; Bordi Road, Thane, India. ; M – N.A. ; Food Serve : Multi-Cuisine.
Must Eat FoodAdd
Must Do ActivitiesAdd
Nightlife (Pub / Disc / BAR)Add
Safety / WarningEdit
- Beware of pickpockets as Bordi is a major tourist city in India.
- Beware of fake items. Better to buy from reputable shops even though you have to pay more.
- Ambulance : 102
- Fire Brigade : 101
- Police : 100